Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas


We decided not to get a real tree this year after many discussions about how busy we had been feeling lately. The needles everywhere, forgetting to water the tree, a late start... all these factored into the decision. Normally these things don't bother me much, but with Ron working so much lately and the cold, cold December here in Minnesota, it just got to be too much. Instead we were satisfied (and actually, quite thrilled) with this cute little fake tree my mom donated to our cause. It looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, funny little base and real wood branch with the silly little plastic pine boughs sticking out of it. In short, it was exactly what we needed this year. Small, clean, easy and cute!
I let the kids decorate it all by themselves while I supervised. Note the angel backwards and the prolific ornaments near the top. Wonder how tall the decoraters were? Also check out the cool garland made out of ribbon, punched paper circles and glitter. My blog swap friend Chrissie sent it to me. We love it! An idea for next year, most definitely!

And you? What did your tree look like this year? Real or fake?

No comments: