Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feeling Crafty:: part two

It is my niece Annika's birthday today. She lives far away and we don't get to see eachother as often as we'd like, but I wanted to send her a little piece of me for her birthday. While lounging on the beach in Puerto Rico with her mother a few weeks ago, I learned of Annika's passion for being a teacher, in her bedroom. Apparently her whole bedroom is set up to resemble a classroom, with a white board, clip boards with important papers, and hand sanitizer.
I sent a package full of school supplies for a good teacher, including this little felt roll-up for some funky new pens we sent. Ahhh, if I had only had one of these in my desk when I was teaching. I could have protected all my favorites from the students who needed to borrow a pen from my desk drawer. I used two colors of felt from my mom's felt stash, most likely vintage 70s felt. It feels thicker and higher quality than craft-store felt is now. Two days later, I made another one in pink and brown for another birthday present. Now, the boys think they need one. Under the Christmas tree, perhaps?

Happy Birthday, Annika!

No comments: