Monday, December 13, 2010

Ready, Set, Decorate!

I'm keeping the Christmas decorations minimal this year, mostly because I think I really dislike putting them all away after Christmas. With my birthday in early December, we usually wait until afterwards to put up the tree. Ron's birthday is in early January, so I like to take things down before then. The time is so short... so I'm focusing on my mantle this year. Er, my piano, since we have no fireplace. (Please excuse the scratches on the piano.... it was once used religiously as a race track for match box cars. We did buy it used, however, for its great patina, so I don't mind a bit.)
.
The felt trees were a great find last year at the dollar store. I think they were a subtle influence on the styling for our Advent calendar, though it may have been a chicken or the egg type situation. Did we style our Advent calendars that way then I fell in love with the trees? Or was it the other way around?
.
On my to-do list is finish aembroidering my name on my stocking. Already the kids tease me that my name is "Je". Hey, their names are complete. Isn't that what matters most?

And you? How is your decorating going this year?

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

Looks beautiful!! See you super soon!