Thursday, November 29, 2007

Workin' on the chairs... an instant kitchen makeover!


From this....

To this....


A major improvement. I used to love the blue and yellow plaid, in a sort of farm house/Swedish way. It worked when we first re-did the kitchen. But once little boys with messy hands and spilling cups arrived into our family, the clean cushion covers were a thing of the past.

I bought this oil cloth a year and a half ago in Mexico, in Oaxaca I believe. I purchased several different prints by the meter, knowing that I would be able to find projects in which to incorporate them easily. The problem is that I love them too much and was afraid to actually use them. But here is the blue one, with figs. I also hung up a little shadow box with a Day of the Dead band that matches the blue. Just love it. I love recovering cushions with a staple gun too, about 3 minutes a chair and I'm satisfied.


No comments: