Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Harvest Festival




I went out to our gardens this week to see if there might be anything left, just in case. To my surprise I found over 65 items (Gus counted!) that were ready to be picked and brought in. Some were things we planted this summer like carrots and tomatoes, but there were plenty of self seeders and mystery plants that appeared out of no where.



The harvest? 3 cantaloupes, a squash, yellow pear tomatoes, roma and heirloom tomatoes, 5 potatoes, onions I planted last year, 3 green peppers and 8 beets. There is still a lot of parsley left too, but I left it out there for the bunnies.

5 comments:

Wasabi Honey Bee said...

How perfect for late october!!!

Sarah Jane said...

Nice veggie glamour shot!:)

MamaLucy said...

Great photos, Jenn! Do you use Instagram? Fun chatting...

MamaLucy said...

oops! it's me, Heather!

Urban Gardens said...

Looks yummy! What a great harvest for this time of year. :)

~Lynn